Senior care franchise associates Biz Advisors Inc, as an Atlanta GA franchise consultant suggest the Comfort Keepers franchise.
Exploring the Range of Home Care Services
Senior citizens today have more home care services to choose from than ever before. And more than ever, seniors are opting to continue living at home for as long as possible, even when they need medical assistance.
Home care services have increased in popularity as a senior care option to assisted living facilities and nursing homes, even as quality of facility-provided care continues to improve.
The reasons for home care services growth include:
* Americas 65+ population is growing faster than ever (expected to double to more than 70 million by 2030, accounting for one of every five Americans)
* Much of the senior population growth is being fueled by the baby boom generation, which is entering retirement. Todays seniors, who are more active and living longer than previous generations, prefer to continue living independently at home for as long as possible
* Medical advancements make it possible for in-home care of chronic health conditions, which have become more prevalent due to the aging population
* Home care has become more accepted by physicians
* There is a movement toward more cost-effective health care options, such as in-home care
Studies show that even after they begin needing assistance with the activities of daily living or ongoing health care, seniors prefer to age in the comfort of their own home. In fact, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reports that more than two-thirds of older Americans who already need daily assistance are now living at home. This includes more than 70 percent of persons with Alzheimers disease.
In-home senior care agencies offer a wide variety of services that clients can select as needed. The services can be tailored to provide whatever amount of help a senior need to perform the activities of daily living. Services include:
*Companionship and care services, such as meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, conversation and companionship, medication reminders, transportation, grocery shopping, laundry, and recreational activities
*Personal care services, such as bathing, help with mobility, incontinence care, toileting, feeding, and special diet preparation
*Technology services, such as monitoring, emergency response and medication management systems to provide security and care for seniors when professional or family caregivers are not present
Many seniors needing in-home care have chronic medical conditions that require regular management, so medical home care agencies can work in conjunction with non-medical in-home senior care providers to meet a seniors complete needs.
In-home elder care providers, such as Comfort Keepers, also serve todays more active seniors, helping them maintain connections with friends, as well as community organizations and hobbies that continue to give them satisfaction.
Atlanta GA franchise consultant Biz Advisors Inc sells the Senior care franchise, Comfort Keepers franchise.